Date: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 | Time: 9–10 a.m. PT/12–1 p.m. ET
• Carrie Byington, MD, EVP, University of California Health
• Pat Geraghty, President & CEO, GuideWell & Florida Blue
• Kim Keck, President & CEO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
• Larry Moss, MD, President & CEO, Nemours Children’s Health
• Tim Suther, SVP & General Manager, Data Solutions, Change Healthcare
Substantial variation and gaps in the collection, stratification, and review of race, ethnicity, language, and sex data limits health care organizations’ capacity to implement equity-focused interventions and to establish accountability mechanisms that strategically address health disparities. To collectively address this challenge and meaningfully reduce disparities, the Health Evolution Forum is enlisting a cross-section of leading health care organizations to join the Health Equity Pledge and to drive industry-level progress towards greater equity in care delivery, the patient and member experience, and outcomes. Moderated by leaders of the Health Evolution Forum and key contributors to the efforts of the Pledge, Mark Smith and Laurie Zephyrin, the group will discuss the Pledge objectives, barriers that organizations often encounter in this area of work, and the solutions being developed to strengthen data-driven health equity efforts. Information will also be provided for organizations interested in committing to the Pledge.