What was once the realm of science fiction has become science fact. It’s no exaggeration to say that artificial intelligence is now woven into the fabric of daily life. Voice assistants, image recognition, autonomous vehicles, customer support bots, robotics, e-commerce—the value of AI keeps growing across industries, including health care.
And the value for health care isn’t limited to clinical pursuits. AI is now serious business in the clinical, financial, and engagement arenas. On this podcast hosted by Change Healthcare, Nick Giannasi, Ph.D., EVP and Chief AI Officer, and Frederick Eliasson, EVP and CFO, provide a backgrounder on AI in health care, discuss AI’s impact on health care’s cost/quality curve, and explain how and why Change Healthcare embedding AI into our financial, clinical, and engagement solutions.
- How to explain artificial intelligence and machine learning to anyone (1:48)
- Why we need AI in health care (7:15)
- The “four enablers” that make AI relevant for health care (11:58)
- Why Change Healthcare’s platform is fertile ground for AI-infused solutions (14:57)
- Examples of how AI is helping providers and payers today (21:00)
- The risks and challenges of applying AI in health care (28:25)