For health care, the prospect of better managing consumer behaviors is an elusive goal, but one with tremendous promise. In a time of growing health care costs, keeping the consumer engaged with their care enables providers to deliver more efficient care and achieve improved outcomes, and thus has the potential to pay huge dividends. So, how can health care institutions pool efforts to collectively build a system-wide consumer relationship?
In the 2017 CEO Briefing Room, Health Evolution in collaboration with Oliver Wyman, brought together a select group of innovative CEOs from prominent payer and provider organizations to examine how consumer loyalty principles could be applied in transforming health care. Bridget Blaise-Shamai, President of AmericanAirlines AAdvantage, joined health care CEOs to catalyze the discussion with her perspectives and insights regarding customer engagement. The group then examined challenges to building effective consumer relationships and how to best overcome the struggle to balance the needs of consumers with those of the broader health care ecosystem.
To view the key findings from the 2017 CEO Briefing Room, download our report now!
- Bruce Bodaken, formerly Blue Shield of California
- Adam Boehler, Landmark Health
- Ken Burdick, WellCare Health Plans
- Christopher Chen, ChenMed
- Alec Cunningham, ConcertoHealth
- Castulo de la Rocha, AltaMed Health Services Corp.
- Andrew Dreyfus, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- David Feinberg, Geisinger
- Mark Ganz, Cambia Health Solutions
- Patrick Geraghty, GuideWell-Florida Blue
- Denise Gonick, MVP Health Care
- Bill Kerr, Avalon Healthcare Solutions
- Peter Marino, Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island
- Steve Martin, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska
- Richard Merkin, Heritage Provider Network
- Janice Nevin, Christiana Care Health System
- Steven Sell, Health Net
- Shirlee Sharkey, Saint Elizabeth Health Care
- Joseph Swedish, Anthem, Inc.
- Paul A. Tufano, AmeriHealth Caritas
- Susan Turney, Marshfield Clinic Health System
- Steve Udvarhelyi, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana